Tuesday 3 December 2013

Texturing X-Wing.


For my X-wing, I decided to texture the majority of the ship with a solid colour, then use unwrapping and GIMP to texture the blocks on the fuselage and wings. I picked GIMP because it's free so I can use it at home.
Using max to make sure I was selecting the right polygons, I used boxes and filling to create the shapes for the colouring on the fuselage and wings.
This is the texture I used for the wings, as you can see it is a simple grey with a little red detailing, as it is on the ship.
This it my Fuselage texture, red for the sides, where one short piece and one long piece attach, yet are separate on this due to the UVW unwrapping and flattening, and yellow for the top.

However, when I imported this into max after exporting from GIMP, the red and yellow showed up as blue and green. This issue was rectified by opening the image again in photoshop and overwriting the save from there, which saved the RGB values to be correctly opened in max. 
Here is my finished, textured X-wing, ready for animation, and I believe it holds fairly well to the original, the main issue being the seams between the two sides of fuselage parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment